Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Take on Skincare products

As you know by my previous blog on makeup, I use all natural, clean skincare products without preservatives. Some of the brands I recommend are Aubrey, MyChelle and Kiss the Face. I know that at Whole Foods and Sprouts, you can ask for samples and booklet information of MyChelle based on the skin type you have, they can give you their recommendation.

Myra Michelle Eby, who founded MyChelle, had worked for Aubrey previously. Aubrey products are mostly organic and great natural products, but they are not very effective in targeting problem areas, such as acne and aging issues. Therefore, Myra started her own company after doing her own research and mixing and matching natural ingredients.

MyChelle has a line of fabulous products. I experience some acne issues as an adult and somewhat oily/combination skin. Here is the list of what I am using in case you are interested: the White Cranberry cleasner, Clear Skin serum, Cranberry Mud Mask, Pumpkin Peel, Oil-free Grapefruit lotion, AND MOSTLY IMPORTANTLY the SPF 28 Sun Block for the face!! They all smell yummy, except for the unscented sun block, it does not smell like anything.

I'd suggest if you like anything, check out www.vitacost.com first before making purchases at Sprout. However, Sprout and Whole Foods have good return policy. Whole Foods' is 30 days with receipt and Sprout's is whenever with a receipt, granted that there is still good amount of product remaining. I had to do a fair amount of returning before I found what works for me.

Prices on Vitacost.com are much better than other retail stores, except for vitamins at the Vitamin Shoppe, but Vitamin Shoppe does not carry makeup and skincare. MyChelle tends to run high on prices, but the little amount of products goes a LONG way, and they use only quality ingredients. It's worthy it. The Cleanser especially last a while since you only use a pearl size of it each time, a small pearl size. Aubrey's are good too, if you don't have much skin problems to tackle. I started out my natural skincare adventure with Aubrey and it helped me tremendously to turn things around with my previous problematic skin, extremely sensitive skin and dry patches.

Watch for 20-25% off during line drive at Sprout, they discount for a whole month the brand that they are promoting. You should know by now I am a big fan of Sprout:)

No comments:

Post a Comment