Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mourning over a lost friendship

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

As I realize there are seasons of friendships, some are meant to be for just a short little while for us to learn a lesson, some are for a lifetime (those are sweet - I have some dear sisters like that), and some are in our lives for just a season (well, a season could be several years). It's especially hard when the season ends before we would want that to or at an unexpected time.

Thank God for sweet friendships, we are given the freedom to choose our friends. We learn to accept our friends for who they are. When we open up our lives to our friends, we accept their talents as well as flaws. We share our thoughts, and as God instructs in the bible that we are to speak truth into one another's lives.

I am mourning over a lost friendship. As painful as it is to see a friendship go, not according to my own will. Father reminds me that sometimes He has certain relationships distanced for my own protection. I have to trust in Him, even though I have done the best I could to keep and to rescue a relationship... God is in control!

Paul and I have met people that they just didn't like us, we had done nothing wrong toward them. It was for our protection... later we found out that these people caused so much trouble to some people that they had finagled themselves into their lives.

God has so many times blessed me with new friends to take the place of those whom I had grown to love and lost. He is faithful and I am thankful for many new friends He continues to bring into my life as great blessings.

You (who is reading this) are probably one of them. Thank you! I do count my blessings, I've gained more that I've lost.

1 comment:

  1. Elena, I mourned the loss of a friendship also over the summer, and still find myself sad every once in a while... I think God was protecting me... for a lot of different reasons. I thought i would be the friend that would reach out to someone that did not have the same views as me ... and it was fine for a while - til God decided it was enough. I hope that I impacted her life in a way... and it was the first time a friendship had to just close the door - but i am trusting God and He has multiplied that loss of a friend by a lot!! And the ones that he has, are true, faithful friends. anyways - it was nice to read what you had to say. it made me feel better - love you!

    ReplyDelete