Monday, December 15, 2008

The Holiday season...

Every year I try to be relaxed during the pre-holiday season. I ask God to give me grace to deal with those stressed ones around me, that I wouldn't be affected by the craziness.

I went to Macy's 2 weeks ago to exchange something on a Saturday morning, without the knowledge that there was a morning sale going on. With people waiting in a long line and each person was buying at least 20 items (for the bargains), when it came to be my turn to pay, I couldn't help but started to sweat and felt so much under pressure to get my transaction done as soon as possible since every person behind me was staring me. I ended up having to go back to the cashier twice after that because I got so nervous. There... the JOY of the holiday... I just took a deep breath and moved on.

I have been doing our holiday shopping throughout the fall, so that has been done pretty much 2 months ago. Then, I did my gift-wrapping marathon for 3 nights last week and got that done. I have intended to post something on this blog 2-3+ times a week, but have found myself pre-occupied with gift-wrapping, greeting-card-writing and parties, and here I haven't been writing as much as I have intended.

Anyway,am I the only one on the planet that is not on Facebook? I feel like I am.

I have resisted to get on Facebook fearing that would suck up the little free time I have. It looks like I may need to open an account soon since everyone seems to be putting up their latest photos and news on there. I'll let you know how it goes.

I can't believe Hanukkah and Christmas is coming up next week. The kids have been asking every day when Hanukkah is, since we celebrate Hanukkah (that is this upcoming Sunday at sundown). I set out all their presents in the living room already, so they've been waiting to open them. In the meantime, we keep reminding them Hanukkah is about honoring God as our LIGHT and to remember how we have dedicated our lives to Him.

There's always an opportunity for a lesson when it comes to raising kids... a lesson for them and a lesson for me. So much I have learned about my Father's love for me as I parent.
I realize that I lack NOTHING. I mean...I really have everything I need and more. Psalm 37:25 says, "I have been young and now am old; yet I have not seen the rightious forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread." God is our ultimate provider. He supplies all our needs according to His riches in Glory.

I remember last year when my mother was visiting here, we were watching my kids play with their daddy. My mom was so touched by the scene, and said, "you know you are so blessed, though you don't have millions of dollar, yet you lack NOTHING!" I know what she meant, no matter how she or I or my sister has underminded life without a father, deep down inside we long for him to have been there.

My mom was at one point baffled at why I would want to stay home to be a "housewife" rather than continue to pursue a career after all the time and money invested for my education. Then, later, she told me how she felt bad for children that rarely get to spend time with their mothers and was glad that I had made the choice to be home. Although I have learned to look for approval from my heavenly Father, I surely am glad that my mother has come around to see His will for my life.

I am at an incredible place where I am so content!!! I have been content for quite some time, it's a gift from God. I don't desire much. As a matter of fact, I told my son, "if I get no gift this holiday season, I am completely fine with that, I don't need anything!!! NOTHING!!" I need nothing and I don't even want anything. It's a great place to be!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elena-I received your holiday card yesterday. The kids are beautiful! I'm glad everything is well. If you go on facebook, please friend me-I would love to chat and share pictures.

    Love,your cousin,Lois

    ReplyDelete