Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pancakes or Dinner rolls??????????

Well, every now and then, I like to make pancakes for breakfast, when I am in the mood. So, a few days ago, I was in the mood. I got the flour out, my favorite pancake recipe, and started making pancakes. I fried them on the griddle, but this time, I notice something very different. They don't look or taste the same as far as texture. They were a little more chewier, not in a bad way, just different.

As we were enjoying the pancakes, I notice my son sawing the pancakes with his knife, it was hysterical... I started picking one and eating it and realized they were more like dinner rolls than pancakes. Since my husband is a chef, he began to help me investigate the cause of the dinner rolls. I used the same recipe and everything the same as many of the times before. We could not figure it out.

Then, as I was putting things away and noticed the flour and started reading it. I had bought flour for bread instead of the all-purpose flour that I usually buy. Well, well, well... I have always afraid to make bread because it seems intimidating and all the kneading sounds like a lot of work. I guess after all, Father, is trying to tell me that I can make bread, even accidentally; and I can do things which I may not realize I can do.

So, next time, make sure you got the right kind of flour for your recipes. LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment