Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm blogging!!!!!!! Knowing my Father...

I am finally bringing myself to start writing here. I hope someone is reading it. I'll be writing on what's been going on in our lives, and all the new tips I find from cleaning to skin care. So, tune in...


Well, it's all for my Father's glory. Some of you know that I didn't grow up with a father, so the term "father" was foreign to me for quite a while.

Seeing my friends' stories of how their parents fight and didn't get along, and having distant relationships with their fathers, I was relieved that I didn't have one. I only needed to go to one person, my mom-my hero, to get permission for something. I never had to hear fights between my parents, I merely had one. Not until recently that God has shown me how deeply buried my emotions were about my father. And I have a loving Father in Him, and He's always been there for me and will always be. He has helped me understand what a father's role is designed to be by giving me the best father I know (Paul) to be my husband to model for our children. Some of the world's bad models of fatherhood should not destroy what God has intended fatherhood for His children on this earth.

I was a foreign exchange student in the little town of Tuscumbia, Alabama many years ago, which is how God brought me here into this country from Hong Kong where I grew up- that changed the course of my life.

My best friend in high school was Karen Jones, and I got to stay with her and her family through some parts of my college years. Her mom and dad, Debra and Dwight, became my surrogate parents here. Dwight taught me how to drive, helped me purchase my very first car (paid for by my mother), and they were there for me after every car accident I had, and there were quite a few (talk about staying away from the Chinese girl on the road...well, half of them were not my fault), and talked to as a father to a daughter.
Nevertheless, that was my experience of seeing a father's love firsthand.
Our Father is amazing, ask Him to show you how He loves you as a father, and truly experience Him in that role. He is faithful and will change your life, He has changed my life forever!

2 comments:

  1. it's good. I need to know the Father's love for me. I have touched a tip of it. But there is so much more I am sure. The word Father to me was also foreign but I have cried out to God to know Him as Father. And because God is Faithful, He will do it. keep writing. I also loved the pics of your kids they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elena! Glad you are a blogger now- you always have something interesting to share so keep them coming!! Amy Housewright

    ReplyDelete