Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chef-approved Banana Muffins....Yummy!!

Okay, I am in my baking season again... I get that periodically; just so drawn to bake, usually the easy stuff, that won't get my hands too dirty. I prefer the "not even have to get my mixer out" type of baking. I was tired of buying over-priced and un-nutritious muffins, and decided to make some healthy ones that are good enough to be healthful breakfast...


Well, here it is-- truly Chef-approved!! :)

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Mix all 4 wet ingredients:
-- 4 large (or 5 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 C sugar (I use evaporated cane juice... sugar, better for you)
1 egg
1/3 C butter, melted
Mix all 4 dry ingredients:
-- 1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C flour (healthier version: unbleached wheat flour, replace a few teaspoons of flour with flax seed meal to give you some good Omega 3)

Then, mix the wet and dry mixture together. Add in 1/2 to 1 C chopped nuts if you'd like. Line medium-sized muffin tin with muffin liners. Pour muffin dough into muffin tin, and bake for about 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when you stick it in.

Voila! You have some amazing banana muffins. My kids and husband can't get enough of them. They are really easy to make, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. These sound yummy. I made whole wheat banana nut muffins a couple of years ago by substituting regular ingredients with whole wheat flour, organic sugar and so on. They were really dense and good. I loved them.

    I will have to try this recipe out, soon. Thanks for the shout out and the recipe, Elena. P.S. Sorry I missed you today at CFL

    My friend and I had to reschedule a lunch date and today is the day.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete