Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to ALL!!

Before midnight on every new year's eve, we can see info-mercials on workout equipment to help lose weight and commercials to invite to join a health club to get the "Dream-body". We can hear everyone's best intention to fulfill their new year's resolution that probably will fail by the second month of the year.

I find that when I have myself to be accountable to, I am less likely to fulfill that promise, but if I am accountable to someone else, I am more likely to hold myself to that promise.

Take library books as an example. If I accidentally draw in my own books, or rip a page, it's not a big deal. But if I have borrowed a library book, I try at all cost to protect it and not to lose it because I am obligated to return the book as it was allowed to be in my possession, in my trust.

I feel the same way about new year's resolution. If we make it for a selfish reason, for my own good, it may not work out very well. But if we make a committment to someone outside ourselves, we feel more obligated to see it fulfilled.

God asked what Solomon what he wanted and he answered, "God's wisdom and knowlege to rule as king whom the Lord made him to be". It's an act of humility, Solomon was made a king and knew that he couldn't do that on his own wisdom, he desperately needed God's wisdom. For that, God gave him not only wisdom and knowledge, but also riches and wealth and honor!!
God sees our hearts, when we sincerely want to know Him and receive the revelation in the knowledge of Him, His blessings pour onto us beyond material things.

I encourage you to draw deeper into the Lord this year, to know Him, not for your own benefit, but enter into genuine worship to know our Creator as He so yearns for a relationship with you. His word says, "Ask, you shall receive; seek, you shall find; knock, the door shall open to you." He is so ready to give as you ask. He is not about religion, but all about having a relationship with you.

I believe when we do, we can look back on January 1st, 2010, and see our Father's hand on our lives and His faithfulness in ways unimaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment